Hultafors Ok4 mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Hi guys. I recently got an OK4 and I'm happy with the knife in general but I found the handle to be too thin and narrow. It actually was uncomfortable on the palm between thumb and forefinger after hard use. So I wrapped some paracord round the handle, which I fed through a hole i'd punched in the pommel. This really did the trick- the modded handle is a perfect hand full, super comfy and nicely grippy. I love it and plan to use it loads.
It still fits in the sheath too. It's I little high but won't budge and takes a little more effort to draw out. I might make have a go at making a kydex sheath for it.
I have a question about the knot that creates the loop in the cord. I just used two overhand knots with the second under the first. This is nice and tight and won't slip but I wonder if there's a tidier knot I could use for the purpose?
Thanks fer looking! 😊 WP_20170614_06_58_55_Pro.jpg

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Thanks for your response TinkyPete those are really cool links. I'm not sure i could use those techniques on my OK4 (i'm just looking for a nice knot to make the lanyard loop) but if i get round to making a true paracord handle on a necker or summat i will definitely check these approaches out.
Have a good weekend! :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE