How's the weather ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
-4.6˚C

:hatscarf:

No snow, no rain, just really blooming cold, and it's been below freezing every morning and evening for about a week now. Flat calm, not a breeze.

It wasn't supposed to be this cold, well according to the BBC weather forecast for here.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The Sun's out and the temperature has just climbed above freezing in the last hour. It's still less than 1˚C though.
Beautiful crisp, cold, and somehow invigorating :D

M

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Circa -8° here this morning, a cracking sunny day. We've had some snowfall over the last week or so but the rest of the time it's been fairly damp.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
7 degrees. Sunny and blue sky no clouds. Lovely day! Supposed to be freezing tonight so glad my new down duvet is being delivered this afternoon. !
It's arrived yea! Looking forward to being cosy tonight. Fires lit, temperature dropping already down to 5 degrees outside. Sun behind the vally sides clear skies still. Gonna be a chilly one tonight.
Not as cold as some of you but cold enough for me. (Soft southerner! :) )

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
8 degrees and a lovely sunny day here near Halse, west Somerset. Thankfully too, as I still have a *lot* of garden hedge to reduce in height - a wild 13’ or so to come down to around 8‘. I’ll probably finish tomorrow and have a nice garden bonfire with the brash if the light winds are favourable.
Cheers, Bob

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
-2.4˚C, and 18.5˚C inside the kitchen. I'm just about to go and make dinner, so that'll warm it up a bit more.
I spent half the afternoon lugging soil around the garden from a compost bin we were emptying because we thought a rat had taken up residence. Apart from one tunnel through the soil there was no sign of the blighter.
My hands ache in the cold now :sigh: but it's done and it's all kind of tidied up and kickstarted with a big pile of leaf litter and the top foot of stuff from the bin.
Supposed to be another really cold night, though to be honest it didn't get much above freezing all day anyway.

M

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
1 degree clear and cold. Will go down to zero or less tonight in the town but much colder on the top of the moor I expect.
Just been out for a short walk. Owls are hooting loudly and it's so still. May go out later and look at the stars. Should be a great night for star watching.

Reactions: Nice65 and mikehill

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just got hassled by the dog to be let out for a pee, the owls are hooting madly everywhere and the garden is sparkling with a crisp frost. Little unidentified creatures are scrabbling about in the fallen leaves and I can hear the screech of Barn Owls and the twit twoos of the Tawnies. A good hunting night for them tonight. :)

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Have to go to Toronto for the weekend ... trepidatious ... large snow, large cold .. and, if there is a thaw, large puddles

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
-5.2˚C when I went to bed last night, and now at nearly nine in the morning it's still -4.6˚C
Flat calm again, and the Sun is trying to break through.
Birds are so puffed up they look like feathery snowballs.

M

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
-3°C this morning on the van outside sensor. Thick, double layer of ice on the windscreen but nothing on the side windows. Was a quicker scrape this morning but I need to get a longer handled scraper. I'm not tall enough to get the middle scraped without van door based gymnastics!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE