how to take black coating off your crusader cup.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
iv had my crusader cup for 2 years now, my wife got me the black one for xmas. its got to a point that im finding the black coating in my brew and its putting me off finnishing my drink.
52848b4d-be9e-5a37.jpg

so I have desided to take the stuff off and this is how I did it :)
1st heat the cup up over your stove
52848b98-bf0b-cb12.jpg
then take a wire spunge and wipe the stuff off
5284f83b-bf79-ce19.jpg
make sure you wear gloves for the inside of the cup that way you wont burn yourself
52848b4d-bfc7-362c.jpg
and here is the finnishing product
52848b4d-bfff-f27c.jpg
just thought i would share for thoughs who are planning to do this 

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
If your cooking over hexi, you often get a thick build up from that (sometimes black, sometimes orangey goo etc).The best thing is to rub it in some grass while its still hot (after you finish eating/drinking the contents) and most of it comes off really easily so its not much effort to clean when you get back.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
If your cooking over hexi, you often get a thick build up from that (sometimes black, sometimes orangey goo etc).The best thing is to rub it in some grass while its still hot (after you finish eating/drinking the contents) and most of it comes off really easily so its not much effort to clean when you get back.

Once you've done the grass bit then wipe it with a used tea bag (thats if you drank tea in it)

garethw

Settler
I suspected the coating would flake off... so I opted from the out set for the non coated cup.. great bit of kit..
Yes its black on the outside now from the fire.

by the way as an aside: the 'Heavy Cover' lid for these is an excellent addition...I got one from Ray Mears online shop.
cheers
Gareth

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I have a black one iv been using for about six years and the inside is still like new. But the outside has lost alot of the coating

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE