How to make an onion string

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
This worked great. I've now got 7 strings of whites and 3 reds hung up in my garage. Anyone got any good onion recipes? :p

Thanks again.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
1. Onion rings battered in Cajun batter seasoned and deep fried comes to mind (probably my favorite)

2. Sauteed with shredded potatoes and diced bell peppers (potatoes O'Brien)

3. French onion soup: (sliced and cooked in beef broth and porured into a bowl over toats with gruyeres cheese)

4. Peel and generously rub each onion with either butter or cooking oil and seasonings of your choice, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake or grill until soft and cooked through

5. Stuffed Onions: Peel and cut in half, next hollow each half. Make up a meatloaf mixture to stuff the halves and bake untill meat is done.
-Meatloaf recipe:
-Ingredients:
Ground meat (beef, pork, lamb, veal, or a mixture of no more than 3 of these)
Bread crumbs, or oats, or cooked rice (about one third by volume compared to the meat
One egg

Mix the above ingredients and stuff them into the onion halves and bake untill the meat is done.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE