how to flush rabbits out of warrens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roscogruen

Dec 15, 2011
house
i've read smoke doesn't work. ferrets do work but can't have one w/ me. acetylene from carbide could start a fire.

i've thought of something irritating might work but can't find anything to annoy the rabbits. ideas?

i'm thinking moth balls would work too slowly. the party fogger doesn't seem to come in spray cans. i doubt Mace or pepper spray would reach down a tunnel far enough to flush.

bendable sticks that i poke around inside the burrow seem to work the best but it isn't that effective. they "lock down" pretty hard where i'm at this year.

THX!

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Are you trying to flush them there and then so you can shoot/catch them or just evict them?

Pine cones soaked in old fashioned creosote rolled down the holes makes them lie out for day or two.

Smoke grenades work for immediate results!

sumpy00

May 30, 2011
King's Lynn
I take it this is purely for vermin control then? I find the skill of the hunt increases the satisfaction when you know you have worked for your meat. It also enables you to improve your hunting skills, nothing on your plate makes you try harder next time.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Rather strange post for your first first on the forum.

Why not make introduce yourself in the new members section.

All the best
Andy

ps - I have no idea. I just shoot them when the come out to eat.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
i've read smoke doesn't work. ferrets do work but can't have one w/ me. acetylene from carbide could start a fire.

i've thought of something irritating might work but can't find anything to annoy the rabbits. ideas?

i'm thinking moth balls would work too slowly. the party fogger doesn't seem to come in spray cans. i doubt Mace or pepper spray would reach down a tunnel far enough to flush.

bendable sticks that i poke around inside the burrow seem to work the best but it isn't that effective. they "lock down" pretty hard where i'm at this year.

THX!
Bendy sticks are you some kind of rabbit rod

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I think the SAS Survival handbook recommends bramble canes (the long ones that have "bolted") as the thorns snag the rabbits. Cruel though unless you're desperate for food.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE