how to flush rabbits out of warrens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
One word - PETROL.

Don't even need to light it, not that I'm advocating it but it works on bunnies and moles.

High pitched keening noises can work on both too. Glass bottles burried with only an inch or two of their necks showing above ground in the tunnels work on a windy day, the noise as it blows across freaks moles and bunnies out. ( If using to get rid of moles in a lawn please remove before cutting grass, messy and dangerous :lmao:

Thanks Goatboy.

Stratts

Forager
Nov 2, 2010
Yaxley, Peterborough
these are illegal in the uk and are pretty horrible, i dont know why there legal in the states. it looks quick, but often leaves severly burned or wounded gophers/moles/rabbits which die slowly in extreme pain.

When did they become illegal mate someone I know through work had the rights to them not all that long ago? Made a fortune when they 1st came onto the scene!!

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
bit of barbed wire works when i'm ferreting and a rabbits stopped up out of reach, poke around a bit until you find it then twist the wire until it snags on the fur, pull flopsy out and bobs your teapot.

Apr 17, 2012
Newton Stewart
I usually find the right time of night and a full moon they will be out , flushing scares them ,,,then your just gun ho,, they will sit still forever when out ,,And use head lights to get there attention slow and sure ,,and tasty Breakfast ,,...it a good thing xxx

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Jasper Carrot has some tips for Moles that might work on your Rabbits :p

[video=youtube;fePU5CIHpas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fePU5CIHpas[/video]

;)

Si

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
No offense but half assed attempts at gassing or ripping something to bits with barbed wire is not my cup of earl gray...

Why not simply snare the run or learn some traps assuming you have the landowners consent if required.. Just my HO.

Last edited:

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
No offense but half assed attempts at gassing or ripping something to bits with barbed wire is not my cup of earl gray...

Why not simply snare the run or learn some traps assuming you have the landowners consent if required.. Just my HO.

if you'd read my post you know that i only do that when i'm ferreting. if the ferret chases the rabbit into a stop end or it just stops in a tunnel the ferret won't leave it (killer instinct), and i don't leave my animals in the ground. so i dig for them, and if i can't reach it after digging then and only then do i use the trick i mentioned. and it also doesn't rip it to bits it snags the fur so you can pull them out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE