how to find a maker?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
hay guys and girls, ive finaly designed a knife and although id love to make it myself its way beond my skill level. i was wondering if any of you kniew a maker who would produce my knife its a doubble edged knife that im after, something along the lines of the Top's ute XL but not a copy of that im after some one who can make either the balde or the whole knife.

any makers interested can pm me with their email address or the drawings ofthe knife.

thanks alot for reading this.

p.s ive also posed on BB and as of yet no luck :confused:

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
i sent an email to S.M last week but im yet to hear a reply, though im not saying anything negative about S.M here he may have not got it or may be very busy. :cool:

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
I think Stuart is a little busy at the moment, he has not long had a new addition to his family so is a little busy with family etc, i am sure he will reply soon.

Adam.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Spade13, are you sure it's beyond your skill level? If it's a design you can make by stock removal you only need a few tools and some patience. Harden in a fire or with a torch, and temper in the kitchen oven.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
As you live in manchester get in touch with singeblister on here he is a great maker and i have several of his blades. Also he is a local lad to yourself so the explaining can be done in person over a brew normally.....well it was when i got mine made up.

No financial connections just an happy customer and we have become mates over the hours spent developing my knives with him.

Greg

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
normaly i would do them myself how ever this knife is something else haha ill get in contact with singleblister i think cant beat goin local for something. thanks for all your help guys much apreciated
:You_Rock_

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'll third Singblisters work

I've a number of John's blades (and a missing finger tip pad - so they are sharp). Even his "it something I knocked up the other afternoon" ones are excellent.

And he is a really nice bloke

Any particular reason for double edged. One edge is more than enough for a trip to a&E for me.

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
this knife is more of my own serch for a superior millitary knife so its a cross of for want of a better word fighting knife and bushcraft knife, the sedond edge would only be about 2.5" so the back of the blade neer the handel would be able to be used for battoning and throwing sparks from a firesteel. though im not out to produce a weapon just so thats clear the last thing i want with all the reasent knife problems is people thinking i condone knife fighting.

spade13

Oct 12, 2005
manchester
ill have a look at Guy then, out of intrest any one got a rough price for his blades? pm'swelcom so not as to offend any one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE