How old are you?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How old are you?

• 0-9 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-14 years

Votes: 21 1.9%
  • 15-19 years

Votes: 87 7.9%
  • 20-29 years

Votes: 256 23.1%
  • 30-39 years

Votes: 403 36.4%
  • 40-49 years

Votes: 225 20.3%
  • 50-59 years

Votes: 87 7.9%
  • 60-69 years

Votes: 22 2.0%
  • 70-79 years

Votes: 4 0.4%
  • 80-89 years

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
Phantom said:
15 and struggling to find any courses tht i can go on.............. :(

even though i have got a knife and anaxe that i practice bushcraft with i have to use them in secret because my dad doesn't feel that i'm 'responsible' enough. i am honest :D
does your dad know that you have an axe and a knife ?
my parents trust me with a knife and an axe but they wont let me buy an axe for my self (the axe is my dads)
leon

P

Phantom

my dad wont budge :( even though ive given a good argument

i only have a frosts training knife and gransfors wildlife hatchet for the axe

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
cool i have a frosts clipper, and would like either the gransfors wildlife hatchet or the sfa
leon

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Whilst 47 is the conventional answer I have another more philosophical one. I am as old as the universe, because the sense of self is possibly a universal experience of all matter. Therefore I am not just the guy in this body but am also all things everywhere. I just cant feel my toes so to speak. Think about it. More awareness of a point like that could lead to world peace and harmony, or maybe just a few more admissions to mental health units?:)

Others might put different answers:-

The matter I am made up of now is not the matter I was born as - it has all changed around many times. So in that sense I am only a few milliseconds old as atoms are being exchanged with the rest of my environment all the time.

Then again my short term memory seems to be getting shorter, can only remember back a few seconds, so maybe that is how old I am.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Phantom said:
15 and struggling to find any courses tht i can go on.............. :(

even though i have got a knife and anaxe that i practice bushcraft with i have to use them in secret because my dad doesn't feel that i'm 'responsible' enough. i am...........honest :D
Try the Explorer scouts, not a course but you will get to meet people who are interested in being outdoors and may even find the leaders have an interest in Bushcraft! ;)
If you wantr details for Widnes Explorers drop me a PM :)

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I have a body of 48 years and a mind of 25 :)

Getting older just seems to mean that bits that already hurt, hurt a bit more and bits that didn't hurt start to hurt a bit :confused:

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
My wife tells me I'm 43...sort of stopped counting when I was 30 something.

How does the saying go? " Girls mature while boys just get older" :)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I have just been to the funeral of a very close friend. He died of cancer at the age of 55. So my message is don't put things off, get out there and do it now, whatever you're age. :(

Taiga

Oct 24, 2006
hertfordshire
Im 61 and i am told by my wife i must grow up,but if that means I must stop playing with my toys especially the pointy ones then growing up is not for me.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I am 34 but feel about 20 ,so that means when I am about 50 I should feel like I should feel now . I think ?? :confused:
Anyway , age is no barrier to the bushcrafter . It all gets better with age .

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
leon-b said:
have you asked your dad about using them ? what knife and axe do you have ?
leon

Woah far out. I had an axe since i was 14. I used it on my own since 15, goin on 2 years of independent, unsupervised axe use.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
33. Startig to fee like 43. It doesn't help that I hit 15/16 and people said I looked like I was 40 married with kids. :confused:

At least the mind is still young. Definitely stuck in the early 20's :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE