How much water do you carry?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bulldog

Mar 26, 2009
kent
How much do you allow yourself per 24 hour period?
My rough rule of thumb is two 58 bottles of water per 24 hours one to drink one for cooking with.If its a lazy camp not really moveing far from my shelter i will use more, those 58 mugs are large and who wants half a cup of tea!!
So i usually carry 4 water bottles, what about you?

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
That would depend upon what I was doing in that 24 hour period.
A lot of outdoors folk underestimate the need for enough water, especially MTB-ers.
Without enough, the food you eat doesn't 'work' properly, not getting digested thoroughly.
Oops, off on a tangent ... :rolleyes:

JohnL

Forager
Nov 20, 2007
West Sussex
I normaly carry 2l for 24hours, & drink all of it, & refill whenever poss. If warm weather when I am active I normaly aim to drink 4l a day.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If I've got a long walk in or I'm on the hills all day before camp I'll fill my 3L platypus.

If I know there's fresh water en route I'll usually only carry my 1L Sigg and fill up as I go along.

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
I generally head off with a full 750ml Surviva-Pure waterbottle, as it has a built in purification system, so I can get clean drinking water from any source. I've never really had a problem finding useable water in the UK using this system and it saves carying a lot of extra weight. Once we've established camp, we've always got water on the boil over the fire (we always try to camp near a river), so it's never really been a problem.

I'm sure this wouldn't work quite as well in a less damp country :D

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I am really luck in that I have found a site with a spring
otherwise though its a struggle but general carry 2 litres flexiflak or bottle and replenish when i can

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I carry between 3 & 5 litres

This would be made up of 2, 1 litre water bottles and a 3litre camelbak, or a combination of these.

One thing I don't like being short of is water.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
well i normally have a 1 litre 58 pattern bottle full all the time and then i usually have a three litre bladder that i will fill up once i am at camp if nessecary or applicable due to the fact if i am car camping i will bring a couple of bottles of water from home so i always have enough

drew

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
i carry two 58 pattern waterbottles but if its fairley warm also a 2 liter hydration bladder and a 10 liter water carryer witch i fill toward the end of the day for cooking,cleaning,drinking seems to work for me

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I normally carry in about a gallon per day but saying that I'm never that far from the car so weight is'nt a problem, and niether is replen but I always carry my premac filter just in case.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE