How Many of Your "Heroes" Have You Met?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow
I met Sir Viv Richards at Old Trafford cricket ground when I was a youth and was awestruck by his grace and humility, what a man. Also met Paul Weller when I was about 17 and he can't have been much older - still love The Jam's music and I'm now 50! My dad has always been my main hero - a simple, decent, honest, hardworking man who died way too young. I miss him hugely and my biggest regret is that my own son never got to meet him. I try to be like him in the hope my son will feel some of his influence, but sometimes I don't feel I'm quite up to the job.

Sorry, just read the OP and realise I'm a bit off-topic. Apologies.
Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm not sure if they're relevant to the forum but people I've met and greatly admire include ... Prof Eric Laithwaite, Tommy Flowers, Sir Monty Finiston, Arthur Rubenstein, Michael Gerzon, others. Mostly science and music, or philosophical. They are all part of the reason I'm here.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Most of them :)
Sometimes it pays to be an outdoor journalist :)

Yeah have to say John would be on the list. His articles are in my DIY bushcraft folders.

No one, famous people apparently run in the opposite direction when they see me coming. I have met Cynthia Rothrock who was a strangely interesting person, nothing like I expected. A bit like the Debby Harry comment earlier to be honest.

Obviously my dad, left school at 14 and still one of the smartest people I have ever met.

Bill Chope my sort of scout master for most of my life, a true renaissance man. He is missed.

Andy Muckley who I heard recently had passed on to the great Jamboree in the sky. He is one of those people you had to meet, explaining what he was like just gets you looked at. He could get more done in an hour than most people could in a day. He was the person who taught me to think for myself, and not be sheep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE