How good is Heinnie Haynes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I guess I've spent quite a bit more money with Heinnie than most people have, and I've had experience of their service when things haven't, er, gone quite right.

I'm sure if you're fair with them they'll be more than fair with you.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
That knife looks really uncomfortable to use!

http://office.heinnie.com/Colt-Knives/Fixed-Blade-Knives/Colt-Tactical-Fixed/p-128-975-6949/

6949.jpg

Good bargain, though but a bit "tacticool" for my liking

Sheldon

Jan 2, 2012
Aboyne, Scotland!
From looking at that image it seems like one of the screws may just have been loose, not Heinnie Haynes fault, more than likely the manufacturers. Just my thoughts.

Aside from that, I've had excellent service from Heinnie Haynes, extremely fast delivery and brilliant customer service.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It wasn't my fault, I was just using it. Well not a refund, but a cheaper knife, and I could send the faulty one to them. I don't have the screw for the handle, they are star one's. I'd like another cheaper knife from them anyway.

You want a cheaper knife than that £20 piece of crap!!! Really??

If you buy a tactical, stabby, faux fighting knife like that and expect it to actually perform as a bushcraft type knife then you really haven't a clue.

And to openly admit you made the wrong choice and fancy a refund so you can buy something else is almost fraudulent. Heinnie Haynes isn't a library or book exchange. You should learn your lesson right here, in public, embrace the suck and get yourself a decent working knife, not that mall ninja tinpot rubbish.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester

If you buy a tactical, stabby, faux fighting knife like that and expect it to actually perform as a bushcraft type knife then you really haven't a clue.

And to openly admit you made the wrong choice and fancy a refund so you can buy something else is almost fraudulent. Heinnie Haynes isn't a library or book exchange. You should learn your lesson right here, in public, embrace the suck and get yourself a decent working knife, not that mall ninja tinpot rubbish.

Hold nothing back there!

The knife is almost a "fantasy action type thing" More show than substance. If you want something tacticool maybe look at JonathanD`s review of the BG stuff, they all seemed to hold up well to mucho abuse.
We were all there one day when looks and tacticool was more eye catching than a true working knife, give the guy a break.

Also you may want to spend a few quid on a saw and if you want something for roughing stuff out then look at a billhook but for shevus sake be carefull, whole lotta cutting edge there.

Beer is in the eye holder?

Mines a pint... It Friday, is 9:40am too early?

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

Ha ha, you tell em!

There are knives cheaper than £20 of course and we all know they work well. Go for a Mora NikolaTesla and batton away to your heart's content. You can get a couple for that and have one for Sunday best and one to rally. No torx screws to fall out and no uncomfortable handle to induce hot spots and blisters either.

NikolaTesla

Forager
Jan 26, 2012
Uk
Ha ha, you tell em!

There are knives cheaper than £20 of course and we all know they work well. Go for a Mora NikolaTesla and batton away to your heart's content. You can get a couple for that and have one for Sunday best and one to rally. No torx screws to fall out and no uncomfortable handle to induce hot spots and blisters either.

I'm looking at the Mora 911 quicksnap :)

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.

I think you should change your BCUK user ID.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

:lmao:
I agree with the sentiments ... but you seem to be using more "forceful" than "tactful" wording :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE