How do you make a paracord bracelet like this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Thats a ladder rack braid; same technique I used to make a hat band; here is the link:
http://www.khww.net/articles.php?article_id=85

007-5.jpg

005-10.jpg

004-11.jpg

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Also, to attach you'll want to include loops on both sides, then you can attach with a prussik like I did here:
DSCN0228-1.jpg

I have a video explanation on youtube for a pack handle, but the video has a link to my website which I think it against forum rules.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Also, to attach you'll want to include loops on both sides, then you can attach with a prussik like I did here:
DSCN0228-1.jpg

I have a video explanation on youtube for a pack handle, but the video has a link to my website which I think it against forum rules.

That looks great :) Not sure it's against the rules to post a link to your youtube vid - but what do i know!

Could you possibly PM me the link?

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
DSCN0228-1.jpg

General Community Rules and Guidelines

BUSHCRAFT UK said:
5. LINKS FROM BUSHCRAFT UK
If users of Bushcraft UK use the site to promote their own website, business or other organisation via links using any of the facilities on Bushcraft UK it is expected that a reciprocal link is posted by the user referring people back to Bushcraft UK. If this is not forthcoming, Bushcraft UK reserve the right to request a link be established or any reference to the users website, business or other organisation to be removed from Bushcraft UK.

I think it means so long as you put a link back to BCUK from your site you can have a link to your site in your sig. Thats what I have done. If i'm wrong I'm sorry, mods can you let me know and I will remove my link to my site.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
I get mine from www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/ and thats where I get my paracord from too. Nothing to do with store etc etc... just a happy customer

incredibly cheap for para chord... pence per foot is amazing! AND they have it in every flipping colour you can think of! we arent allowed to use green para chord as special people kept clothes lining themselves.... sigh.... so multi coloured it is!

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
DSCN0228-1.jpg

ive posted my own youtube vids on here about hammocks.... cant see that sharing information is a problem, your website isnt another bushcraft forum competing is it! no different to posting any other link on here.....

I

IBrown

I made a King Cobra for a handle. Its not difficult its a cobra and then back again..
king-cobra.jpg

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
The same weave can be used for watch straps too...

DSCF2305.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

But it looks even better in two colours

DSCF2544.jpg
DSCF2584.jpg

I find that weave harder than the cobra weave. With the cobra you just pull each knot as tight as you can. Whereas with this weave you have to keep the same tension throughout the length of the bracelet to make it look right.

PS - Hello paracordist :headbang:

Last edited:

leon-1

@ Paracordist

Okay just to confirm, blatant self promotion is not allowed.

A link to your website in your signature is allowed as long as there is a reciprocal link on your website.

Answering a question isn't a problem and in this case you were the only person that nailed what the braid was called and how to make it. As far as I am concerned the link was for informational purposes and there was no real self promotion (in as much as you just identified a location that showed how to manufacture the braid).

Thanks for being both mindful of the rules and informative with your post.

Leon.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
@ Paracordist
As far as I am concerned the link was for informational purposes and there was no real self promotion (in as much as you just identified a location that showed how to manufacture the braid).

Thanks for being both mindful of the rules and informative with your post.

Leon.

Good call & thanks again paracordist :)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
liking the lanyard uber muchyness....any tutorials around? I recent got a neck knife and have a rather chunky home made lanyard that I'm not over happy with.

I use the TIAT tutes on youtube (Tie it all together) along with stormdranes blog and some google fu.

The lanyard is a simple solomon bar (more commonly called Cobra Stitch in these parts)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE