How do you carry necknife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Around the neck for me. Just a thinish bit of leather. Simple knot.
There is no point having it adjustable. If you have just enough loop so that you have to wiggle it over your head, then that's the right length.

I prefer something that can snap. Paracord is too strong. If I do somehow hook myself on a branch whilst stooping under it, I'd rather the leather break than be in a position where I have to draw a knife and make a blind cut near my neck.

Square cut leather makes for a strong knot and goes softer quickly which is more comfortable. I find that rounded leather rubs.

BushcraftMan

Sep 17, 2013
Sweden
8uramysy.jpg

Opinel no8 in a kydex sheath around my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
dont tend to carry this way any more but when I do its paracord with a breakaway just in case

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
I went cheap on mine. I have a small RSK Mk5 on a spare boot lace looped at the ends held closed by a large jump ring which acts as a breakaway.

I like to carry mine with para cord or leather with two knots to adjust the length depending upon the clothing I am wearing. I also have a small dangler belt sheath for warmer weather when I am wearing just a shirt and want the knife on my belt.

2014-03-25%2016.33.02.jpg

Last edited:

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
I use some paracord, loop it through the holes as seen below. I use a sturdy snap to keep the ends together, enabling me to easily free myself in case I ever get tangled behind a branch or something. I wear the knife under my shirt while on the move and only get it out when using the knife, reducing the chance of tangling.
I can feed the paracord a bit and then wrap it around the handle. I don’t see the knife just falling out of its sheath, but this does give me a good feeling.
Wearing the knife around your neck gives you a good indication of where your knife is at all times. I especially like this when being on the move on a snowmobile or dogsled, since it is then quite hard to keep checking your knife on your belt.

The paracord is long enough to even wear it around the waist if need be (the knife is a tad bit heavy for neck carry). Baldric style is also possible.
p1070022.jpg

p1060706.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE