How Bad is it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Well there you go gunslinger..... picking and choosing when and were to work. No employer is going to employ someone just for the winter at your convenience, for you to dump them when you feel like it.
You also seem like a quite exitable person who likes to use cliches. Everybody seems to like the old 'patronising cliche these days.
It sounds to me like you want work when you want it, as suits you, and you expect there to be something handed over when you're ready, and you earn your own money as it suits you too. You have to fit in with the world..........not the world fit in with you.
I hope this wasn't TOOOOO patronising for you.

OK well I had retired from this thread as I didnt want this to become personal and sarcastic. It appears from the above that you want to now insult me personally,although you do not know me.
My comment was to the patronising comments used in your reply to my post,not to you personally.
Trouble is I am afraid that you seem to be an expert on how things are in Devon despite the fact that you dont even live here. You also seem to be an expert on my personality and mindset despite the fact that you have never met me.
Yes I work when I either want or need to,and I gave up spending every waking moment chasing money many years ago,my needs are few,and my wants are becoming fewer.
You seem to have a problem with my lifestyle. Why is that?

It appears to me like you would be far more "exitable"sic,than me but that is often the case with keyboard warriors ,is it not.

There I have descended to your level. Happy now.:rolleyes:

GS

Mods. if you want to close or lock this thread I am happy to delete this or all my posts.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear............ I will also leave it there. It appears we'd never agree on this.
I do hope you find some work soon gunslinger. Good luck.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm 26 and lived in Britain for all but 4 years of my life; I know what it's like! It is less bureaucratic than here.
My wife's only worked there for a couple of 3 month stints and she thinks it is a wonderful place :)
It's looking more and more likely that we'll be coming back.
Food costs are similar to Warsaw, rental prices here are around £500 a month for a decent flat so no huge differences there. I can get good money here but not 12 months a year, not a lot of demand between mid June and the start of October.
Anyone got any opinions of what it's like in Yorkshire at the moment?

I found out last night where I live is the worst effected area in country. Here are the stats for yorkshire,by the sounds of it yorkshire has had it worse in past, maybe not in your memory but in your lifetime. You have an international trade so you have the escape route marked if it doesn't work out. I might retrain as a domestic electrician.

Boston973

Feb 3, 2009
Mass
Hey try the USA, its a well known fact that we will give preference and higher anyone with a british accent. :)

Honestly I have goten laid of in the past and my policy was to treat looking for a job like it was my job. I would get up around seven or so every moring get cleaned up throw on a tie and go out to fill out apps and get intervews. Longest I ever went without work was two weeks.

Recently I had my second doughter and decided I wanted to buy a whole bunch of new baby stuff without killing my budget so i got a second job in the evening. It took me two days to set up four interveiws. I had a second job by the end of the week.

I am not saying i dont have freands who have had trouble finding the right job. They have had trouble but then they were looking for the right job not any job.

Times are very touph for everyone in the world right now but I remain confident and positive that we will pull though. In the meantime I am goin back to school at night while I work so that If my positive oulook is wrong I will still be able to provide for my family.

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Ahh if only,I would be gone tomorrow.;)

Unfortunately due to to some past indiscretions I would never be able to obtain a green card.

Nice idea though
GS

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Jobs here in the valley's are few and far between, lots of care work jobs, but unless you want to work in this area don't as you will hate it and the people you are there to help will not benefit. B&M stores took over the old Woolworth shop in January and emplory about 40 of the old wooly staff but you really need to travel to Cardiff or beyond to get work and this is a forty a day commute. Public transport is a joke and expensive.

My lad has landed a job as an IT/admin worker, minimum wage only and clears about £145 a week, he's lucky as he lives at home, one bed flats are around £360 a month, houses (pretty grim normally) start at £400 a month and so there is no way he could move out without claiming some sort of state benefit to top up his pay. He (at last) is off to uni next September to do a degree in Networking which means he will be 24 years old before he can earn a self supporting salary.

The argument that there "is always some sort of job you can get" is just not true these days, certainly not here in South Wales.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Apparently Canada is more or less oblivious to the recession, there's loads of bushcrafty space, loads of natural resources, loads of jobs, friendly people etc etc.

I propose we annex Nova Scotia, call it 'The Peoples Republic of New Raymearsia' and have it landmarked by a 20ft permanent keepfire. :approve:

Of course we'd have to ban everything that isn't safe or that any of us don't like. :bluThinki

Finally someone talking sense :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE