How are the Chinese OmniFuels going ?

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
Hi,

I was wondering how the chinese copies of the Omnifuels are getting on ? Are they standing up to the rigours of Bushy life ? Do the jets clog at all with the more unclean of the fuels it was designed to be able to use ?

Or are they, as they appeared to be at the time, spot on ? If anyone has had one in regular use since they started appearing it'd be interesting to know how it's fairing.

Sp

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Used mine again today. I was working outside in the garage and fancied a brew, but didn't want to leave my train of thought on my project. Point being it doesn't just get used for bushy duties. It's fairly put some burn time in since I got it, thats for sure.

Its been worth every penny. No complaints at all.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I had to use a smear of veggie oil on the pump plunger the other day but it ran fine otherwise. Have been using unleaded in it as easier to prime than kero/diesel

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Another unleaded user here as well Spandit. It gives me the most punch per litre I feel. I think the stove suits the 'blackened' look as well that unleaded gives ;)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Embarrassingly enough I've not had the opportunity to use it in anger yet. Hoping to get a night away soon so it will come out then.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
They are noisy though. Tend to pulse quite a lot - not sure if that's dirty jets or insufficient pressure. I also find that you get quite a lot of fuel dripping out when you take the bottle off - advantage of petrol is that it evaporates quickly.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Last edited:

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Interesting. That one is slightly different to mine - he keeps banging on about separate connections for gas and liquid fuel but to my mind you end up with a more complex setup, having another union to tighten where the hose connects.

Mine was about £35 direct from HK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE