How are the Bluebells?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 27, 2007
essex
It's been an odd year weather-wise and it seems to have had a heck of an impact of some of our native flora. The bluebells are at their best now in Essex but what are they like elsewhere? Primroses this year have been in flower several times, in fact I saw some in flower in December!

Kris

CRAZY FROG

Forager
Aug 9, 2007
essex
yes it has bean an odd year Kris but it may level out as time gose on.
how have the fishing courses going.
have you thourght of doing a wild food course for the coast?.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I'm in north Essex Kris.

Another couple of days and it will be the perfect show. Absolutely fantastic and no sign of any less/more than last year and what's more no real sign of any Spanish monsters or hybrids that I can see.

Pablo

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Bluebells are just starting to flower up here at the moment.
Primroses have been in and out for months but they seem to have settled down now.
Ramsons are just starting to put out flower buds but they aren't open yet ( really tasty though!)
Wood Anemone's, Woundwort, Lesser Celandines and Wood Sorrel are all flowering too.

Cheers
R.B.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Bluebells, wood-sorrel, primroses, celendines, dandelion, false-oxlip, navelwort, violets, jack-by-the-hedge, beech leaves - a veritable feast is in season her (though I only use blubells as glue not food...thought I would point that out...)

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Noticed bluebells and primroses in flower here in N. Ireland. Primroses have been out for ages though.

P Wren

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Kent,Surrey Borders
Flowers aren't really my forte, but, I'm pretty sure that as of 2 hours ago the Bluebells were flowering on the Kent Surrey borders...

NiceCupofTea.jpg

;)

I didn't see any pink ones but I did find a few white ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE