Hospital

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
All the best for a speedy recovery.
The NHS staff are consistently fantastic. You're in good hands, and I'm pleased you managed to get a date so soon.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Glad to hear you're (relatively speaking) ok!

Any idea how long it'll take to get back to a healed normality?

No heavy lifting for 6 weeks unless you want to risk creating a hernia.
No driving until you can feel you can perform an emergency stop

Three scabby 1" incisions on the old abdomen.

Pretty much that was the only advice they gave.

TBH having the drainage tube was the most unpleasant thing - when they remove it , it feels a little bit like what I imagine have a Braveheart 'freedooom' moment feels like.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Glad you're on the mend. Now I'll reveal that although both sons' operations went well, Madame's didn't. They found growths that had to be removed by a full opening up operation. We all feared the worst but they turned out to be benign - only part of her that is, I have been heard to say in jest. Fifteen years later the scars are barely visible but she lacks a belly button

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
@TeeDee
Pleased to hear it's bye, and it seems to have gone well, best of luck with the recovery and it's surprising how fast six weeks can go past.

Look at it this way, Christmas dinner will be a good un :)

• Haha

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Pleased to hear it's all gone well TeeDee; here's to a speedy and full recovery.

(for some reason I thought you said you were going in a months or so back).
I did , because I was going to.

Then they cancelled the operation the day before....

• Sad
Reactions: Broch

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Also glad to hear it all went well. The little scars fade quite well over time, but I ended up with a modified / bigger tummy button than before :)

You could even celebrate with a Full English now, if you were so inclined…….

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I'm might be a bit of an odd one I suppose, I have a scar on my stomach (pyloric stenosis (sp?)) that was done before I have any memories, so I've had it all my life, as such, scars have never bothered me... I've picked up many over the years, being a child, rugby, being an adult, animals, being a child in an adults body...

I've got quite a few that to me tell various stories, some I pray never fade as they actually mean something to me...oddly one on my hand was from our doggo that died last year, she never got taught her biting inhibition as a pup and as an adult dog, even though we tried, instincts took over on occasions.. I was clipping her claws which she hated having done and she got hold of my hand and let me know how much she hated it... obviously not the full effort, I'd have needed some serious medical help, but enough to leave a scar... odd, but I quite like it...

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE