Horses Hoof tinder tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
Hello all,

I was out this weekend exploring a new area and i came across what I think is a fallen willow. It had 5 what i belived to be horses hoof fungi attached. Will try to get piccies posted.

Please can somebody give me a guideline on how to make it into tinder. :)

I did have a thought that you boil it let it dry and pound it into a sheet but i may be wrong it won't be the first time. :confused: :eek:

Cheers

StormWalker

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
StormWalker,
If you've found Horses Hoof Fungus in Mid Wales.....It Mine - All mine you hear!

I've scoured the woods and forrests around me with no joy yet. Seriously I hope it really is the genuine article, as there would be more hope for me finding some.

I have a feeling that there was a tutorial not so long ago - I'll have a rummage....
Edit...Ah, pipped at the post by our friend Mr JDLenton, Cheers Buddy

Ogri the trog

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
James

Cheers

Excellent tutorial just what I was looking for.

Will let you know how i get on.

Ogri You have PM.

John

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I would be interested in seeing this as I've only ever found it on Beech. Have heard of it being found on Sycamore but never seen it myself.
Oh and Birch in Scotland of course.
:)

StormWalker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 4, 2005
Mid-Wales
Marts said:
I would be interested in seeing this as I've only ever found it on Beech. Have heard of it being found on Sycamore but never seen it myself.
Oh and Birch in Scotland of course.
:)

Please don't take t as gospel that it was a willow my tree knowledge is basic at best but i am trying to learn :eek:

I will try to put a couple of pics up to confirm.

Cheers

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE