Horn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I used to know this but lost the info, something I keep doing these days.

Anyhoo I'm looking for a source for a couple of cows horns for a project. They don't have to be a matched pair but do need to be from the same breed and that needs to be one that's been around in the UK for a few hundred years. They don't have to be large as I'm wanting to make a grease and a grit horn to go with the sickle I modded to look like a medieval one.

ideally the cores will have been removed but push comes to shove I can deal with that. The only suppliers I've found so far deal mainly with finished stuff or want silly prices and I'm sure I once found a place that did them for a few quid each.

Any ideas?

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah I had a look at their stuff, thanks, but they are imported from Africa and way bigger than I need, which is less than a foot long, also they seamed a bit pricey for me ( being cheaper than a tray full of chicks ).

I've been trying to get hold of White Park cow horns, the first herd/beef seller i contacted apologetically told me they don't get the horns back from the abattoir so I've written to the breed association to see if anyone of its members sells horns or if theres any in east Lancs I could contact to see if they can sort me.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE