Horn Spoon.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi All,

Seeing some of the lovely spoons that some of you have been making has set me wondering (dangerous that). Does anyone here make horn spoons? Or is there a tutorial you could point me to-wards.

As a kid I had a liking for boiled eggs and soldiers ( the bready kind), and I had a wonderful little horn egg spoon with a rudimentary whistle carved into the tip of the handle ( for ordering more toast ).

I lost it in a move a number of years back and have a hankering for a new one, anybody help?

Cheer
Goatboy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I got some cow horn of tengu in a trade a while back. I might have a go when I've got some time. If theyre succesful do you want one?

Alpha_centaur,

Have made a few horm things but only by carving, if you want to have a go at making some spoons I'd LOVE to buy one from you. Have a go and contact me and I'll arrange payment no probs.

I love the texture of eating soft boiled egg from a silky horn spoon, it goes together like mince and tatties, eggs benedict, prawn cocktail, eating with bamboo chopsticks... I could go on, but lets just say that the thought of a soft boiled goose egg, some fresh milled pepper and some fresh baked bread turned into hot buttered toasty soldiers eaten with a horn spoon is one of my ideas of heaven.

Please have a go and let me know... even if it's wonky, which I doubt I'll buy one.

Goatboy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
No worries,

I've done without it for a fair few years now, just have a hankering for one and would be most glad for one.

Just let me know when you're ready.

Cheers for having a go.

Goatboy

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers Robin,

Have ordered a catalogue to have a look-see.

Will still see what Alpha can make as I'd like to keep the cash within our little circle of skilled folk.

Thanks to you both.

Colin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE