Hootchie Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nitram55

Forager
Feb 24, 2006
Tamworth Staffs
Being a clumsy git who can trip over his own feet I wanted a tarp system without guy lines and this is what I came up with.

pole1.jpg

pole2.jpg

I used some old fibreglass tent poles and tapered the ends to fit in the eylets of the tarp.

the system has turned out to be remarkably stable and easy to pitch.

Martin

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
nitram55 said:
Have not tried it yet but my intention is to do so.
Martin
Good luck with that, if tried to get the right rope in the right place I would probably end up tied to a tree :lmao:

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Have you seen a Queucha "2 second tent", if not then have alook at this for details http://www.2secondtent.com/..
Quechua_tent.jpg

They are cheap (£35 from Decathalon) 2 man nylon tents with a sort of bent spring running through them that fold up into a disk but you litterally throw them out and they spring into a "pringle" shaped tent
image01.jpg
image03.jpg
image04.jpg
image05.jpg

Now if you could combine that technology with your idea we would have a 2 second hootchie :lmao:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
:eek: I destroyed one the other day trying to get it back in the bag...
2 seconds to put up, but occupyied 7 folk for half an hour to put it away, before I detroyed it in another few seconds....
Good for a kids wendy house IMO.

Cheeers
Rich

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Fantastic idea Nitram, well done! I will give this a go when I go on my next canoeing trip although I will probably use two walking poles. It's got to be better than making tent pegs every night when setting up camp.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Spikey DaPikey said:
Seen quite a few folk with those pop up tents, they all love them. Just a shame about the pack size :eek:
I agree I have seen dozens this summer, but apparently anybody much over 6' will touch at either end :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE