Hook knife sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
After all these years of wrapping my hook tools in leather or cotton strips, I decided it was about time I made some proper knife guards.

hook-knife-holder.jpg

These are so easy to use, so there is no excuse when putting down the knife not to put it into the holder. The string bit is bungee cord, 3mm, and I thought only brass hinges should be used, well I only have brass hinges. They are not the best looking things but their function is more important, and they will get bashed about over the next few decades. I made them in a hurry as I am doing a workshop tomorrow and I know too well that people never wrap these knives up properly.

hook-knife-holder-1.jpg

The knives are from top down: Ben Orford, Frosts, Dell Stubbs

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
They look very well made.
The solution I came up with was a little more prosaic - I cut a length of a plastic paper binder to the right size then heated it up over the hob and bent it to the curve of the knife.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Could I offer a suggestion? Looks like there should be something holding the handle in place, another piece of bungee? That way there is less of a chance of the handle getting caught and bent away from the blade.

Asa.

Sean Hellman

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2009
devon
www.seanhellman.com
Asa, I did think off putting bungee on the handles, but to be honest they are quite firm when closed. These knifes can take a lot of force through them and I do not think you could bend the blade or damage a knife that way. If you could, then I would not buy such a knife, as I may break it in use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE