Home fires burning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got Negarra twin wall - it's nearly £100 a metre but for stainless insulated it's pretty good. My flue cost about £1,000 all in

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
We've got a Jotul F250, running into 150mm twin wall stainless. I used to have a freestanding Jotul No 7 open fireplace in, but our flue was too narrow, It did work, and kicked out a LOT of heat, but if the wind was from the wrong direction, couch cough cough. It would be lovely in a big inglenook though. Must bung it on Ebay.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
It's pretty difficult to buy a newish apartment in Greece without a fireplace, i bloody hate ours.

It takes up so much room as it needs clear space either side, we made a deal though i got to build myself a garage the Mrs had her fireplace.
Worst thing is it's only used a couple of times each year, other than that i just use it to store my LiPo batteries there.

I think my problem is we had coal fires growing up, so if we wanted heat (before central heating) and hot water we HAD to have a fire.
Now days we have a diesel furnace in the basement with central heating, so i don't really see the point of a fireplace in a modern house.

Cheers
Mark

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
I put our stove in a few years back. It was quite a job, but mainly because the entire fireplace had to be rebuilt. I got there in the end, though, and now we have a lovely fire whenever it gets cold enough. There really is nothing better.

G

glendoggett

you can install the fireplace for the home fire burning in the winter. Fireplace gives your room wrath in the winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE