Hobo stove and homemade pouch...

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi all...

Had a spare hour today and finally decided to "borrow" the kitchen utensils storage pot and have a go at making a hobo stove so i can leave my Trangia mess kit it home if im out and about for just 24 hours. It is designed to fit the 10cm zebra billy in it. After "breaking it in", i noticed the amount of soot left behind, so I quickly knocked up a bag/pouch for it out of some old combats to prevent it fouling up other kit in my bag...any comments/critisicsms welcome....cheers.

IMG-20110523-01116.jpg

IMG-20110523-01120.jpg

IMG-20110523-01124.jpg

IMG-20110523-01126.jpg

...not a bad way to spend an hour. Thanks for looking!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Looks good mate, no criticism but if you cut slots into the drainer the billy will fit in nicely. Also i would remove the plastic clips off the billy as they get messy when over flame.... Very nice kit though :D

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Nicely done ! goodjob Is that small clips that are holding down the lid did you make them or do zebra cans come with them now ?

Jason

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Nicely done ! goodjob Is that small clips that are holding down the lid did you make them or do zebra cans come with them now ?

Jason

Sometimes I have seen them come with them, if you get them from the bushcraft store, they all come with those clips, this is the only place that I have found that they come with the clips. It just makes the lid stay down better, wish I had some as they look really neat!

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
It just makes the lid stay down better, wish I had some as they look really neat!

I plan on taking them off..if i can manage it without totally destroying them, theyre yours! ha ha i plan on replacing the handle with a wire bail jobby to give me a bit more flexi-billy-ty (sorry haha).

thanks for all the kind words guys. oooh i like the idea of slots, thanks for the tip.

Anyone got ay ideas what i could do with the left over pair of combat trousers lol

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
I bought a 14cm zebra from Woodlore last week and it came without the clips. My 10cm one arrived from Tamarak today with clips on, so it must just be the luck of the draw. The clips are quite flimsy looking though and I cant see them lasting long.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE