Hobo hand fishing line - competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Hi folks i know this has lapsed now but i did make a hand line set up for the comp,but the night i tried to post up the pics was the night of the site crash,i have also been busy with work of late so thats the reason i'm only now getting round to posting my results.

Anyway heres my effort,i chose to go with a multiplier reel type setup.
The line is hand made cordage and the hook is a composite hook,its a wooden shaft and a bone barb that is lashed together with spruce root.
The hole in the stone weight is a natural feature which is made by a clam that bores through stone,so less work for me,you've got to love nature and all her ways ;)
hobo3640x480.jpg

My thinking was to also incorperate a priest so as to dispatch the catch once landed,here you can see the priest seperated from the reel.
hobo4640x480.jpg

I also had to make a toggle mechanism so that the reel would'nt fly off the priest during casting,heres the toggle components,they are made of bone and leather.
gh.jpg

And heres a close up of the toggle in place to stop the reel coming off the the priest,also you can see the handle of the reel which is also made of bone.
g.jpg

Well thats my effort thanks for looking.

Cheers Stuart.
looks great ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE