Hobo hand fishing line - competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Hi FR,yeah i think i could manage a bit of that.

Cheers Stuart.

Good man Stuart..........................it's not true what everyone says about you. :D

I'm game but make no promises as to quality
Sam

Don't worry about quality too much MOT.:... As long as you've got a functional bit of kit at the end of it you're a winner. It is a bit of fun, and nice to see what folks can produce. With my carpentry skills I can assure you I won't be winning any competition.
No prize I'm afraid. Just the fun of it. Shall we say 1st November s the closing date then eveyone can post their pictures and folks can vote :)

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
FR sounds good to me,
ill stay plotting about it now
that neck fire starter is pretty if expensive
Cheers
Sam

They've got some very nice stuff on that website but as you say a little on the expensive side. Having said that though, it looks like quality stuff
Anyway Bushcraft should be about at least having a go at making some kit yourself. I really like the idea of the neck fire holder thingy. But I'll make a start on the hobo line first I think.

I'll have to plan how I'm going to go about it too Stooboy, but as you say the nights are drawing in. I havn't done any carving for a while now.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Good man Stuart..........................it's not true what everyone says about you. :D

Don't worry about quality too much MOT.:... As long as you've got a functional bit of kit at the end of it you're a winner. It is a bit of fun, and nice to see what folks can produce. With my carpentry skills I can assure you I won't be winning any competition.
No prize I'm afraid. Just the fun of it. Shall we say 1st November as the closing date then eveyone can post their pictures and folks can vote :)

Shall we say the 1st November?

Not sure how to post pictures directly into a thread myself. I'll cross that bridge after I've made the hobo line. :rolleyes:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'll try to make time to gave a go too mate - I have been meaning to make one for some time but never got round to it...... perhaps this is the push I needed:rolleyes:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have started one
Taking it out as a project this weekend
looking rough as you like at the moment but it will be funtional if not attractive

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
dynamite with a hank of paracord wrapped round it :) ultimate hobo fishing :)

looking forward to seeing the designs, i have an odd idea of a sheath made out of kydex could be made into a hobo fishing kit. stainless knife for gutting, line wrapped round sheath and a small compartment for kooks and lures etc

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
OK, here is my offering..... it may not be a work of art but it was made this weekend in 'camp conditions' with just a knife and a saw
halosmileybf2.gif
- cant get a lot more hobo than that I guess :D

dscf4320.jpg

The line could do with being a little thinner but it was the best I had to hand. Complete with stone sinker, carved float and hawthorn hook

dscf4322.jpg

.... if anyone is interested I took pics of the stages of it's construction;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE