Hobo Fishing Line

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markw

Forager
Jul 26, 2005
Leicestershire
Was given this. Hasn't been used. I'm not sure what the breaking strain of the line is or the wood. £14.00 inc of p&p if anybody is interested.

Mark

NOW SOLD

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
You tie a hobo on the end and throw him in the water....

... then pull him out again when he grabs a fish :D

sorry... been on the blackberry brandy tonight :eek:

What if you can't find a hobo would a small child do :D
blackberry brandy that sounds nice you'll need to post the recipe ......when your sober:D

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
how do you use it
and now for the sensible answer .. :rolleyes:

You wind your fishing line around the circular drum bit, and hold on to the T-bar handle.
Holding this in one hand, you take the end of the line in your other hand, with your hook / bait / weight hanging loose at the end of a foot or 2 of line.
swing the hook in a ciciular motion to get a bit of speed up and as it swings through the part of the arc where it's heading the way you want to go, let go of the swinging hook, while simultaneously pointing the 'drum' - side on - in the direction the hook is now flying off to (hopefully out over the water, or else DUCK !!!!!)

Once the hook lands in the water, you can start to wind the line back onto the drum using your free hand. At this point you can either pull it gently to shore, mimicking a swimming fish or insect, or let the bait sit still until something bites it.
Then wind the line in back onto the drum, pulling your shopping trolley... I mean fish.... in with it.

If you've seen the Ray mears program where he's in canada and fishes in a small lake using a fishing line wound around a tin can, it's like that :)

HTH

Steve

p.s. I believe this method is illegal in UK rivers btw.. not sure about sea fishing, as i've seen little handlines for sale in seaside shops :dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE