hnefatafl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Came across this by chance and thought it we interest some here, as I know there are some with more than a passing interest in these things; Wayland made a set recently so here's another take on it.

Reactions: bopdude

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Been seeing that word pop up quite a lot over the internet recently, probably because I had already seen that video. He's done a great job on that set, just beautiful.

I'd love to be as talented a maker as some people!

Ascobis

Forager
Nov 3, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Just watched Alfred the Great playing it with Aethelflead on BBC/Netflix series "The Last Kingdom". Tiny bits of bushcraft appear now and then, amid the talking and fighting. Hungary's forests look like a really great place for bushcraft.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
That is a brilliant peice of work. Far more patience than I could muster.

Viking-Games-and-Pastimes-_1.jpg

This is the board I made, the peices were made by Tillerman Beads based on originals found at Birka.

I must get around to carving the other side at some point.

It's somewhere on the long list of things to finish one day.

Reactions: bopdude

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So tempted to make a set, but I fear I would dwindle off halfway through and not finish it, I'm rubbish at finishing!!
Gary, you'rs looks brill mate!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE