Hmm... unbreakable pint glass?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Hiho - yeah yeah... :p As it happens I do drink beer out of the bottle, it's too valuable to put in something with such a high centre of gravity as a pint glass :p

That SS one does look like a winner though :D Could be a camping tankard too :cool: Cheers!

Pete

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
how about tesco value pint glass + dustpan & brush + kitchen roll... :nana: :nana: :nana:

It's the juice spilling that drives me insane :banghead: I hate running out of juice, I drink any form of alcohol once in a blue moon but hate being without juice...

Pete

PS: I know an unbreakable pint glass won't solve the juice problem, but I'll feel slightly better that I don't have to clean up the glass too :p

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
try
31ZvcoQw3GL._SL500_SY225_SX189_.jpg

or
pepsi12-md.jpg

i'll go now as i aint helping am i :nana:

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Checkout German stonewear drinking mugs - I have a couple that has lasted a decade so far :D Can't provide any specific links, however this is what I'm on about:
custom_ceramic_mug_lzuf.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Leather does feel cold as long as the drinks cold, i've just used one over the whole Moot and it was dripping on the outside because I had cold drinks inside, I can't vouch for how tough they are yet, although it's got to be a lot tougher than glass, can't put hot stuff in them though so just a rinse out with cold water.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
You can still get them - modern ones are rubbish, anything by the Ravenhead glassworks (since 1850) are bombproof :D
.......I seem to know more than I thought I would about glassware :-/

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Stoneware does look nice :D
I did think of those old pint glasses, we used to have a sugarbowl of similar thickness and you could lob the thing around all day and it would only damage the surroundings. It is amazing what I can do damage to though :p

Maybe I'll look at some old stuff in flea markets. I'll just fill it up with bleach first!

Pete

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Why not just accept that they break and buy the glass mugs wholesale? Glass is the best - I even drink my tea out of a beer mug because it tastes better.

Everything else leaks weird trace metals, chemicals and even hormones.

Carry on enjoying yourself as before but have a whole crate of the mugs stashed away in the attic, cellar or wherever so you don't run out. Pub landlords and restaurant owners don't cry over a broken glass - its inevitable and the mugs are dirt cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE