Hillbill Instructor mini review.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Evening all :)

Some time back, I was in the fortunate position to become the proud owner of one of Hillbills Instructor Knives, I had been lusting after one for ages :)

I must say at the outset that Mark ( the artist formaly known as Mr. Squishy :) ) is a pleasure to deal with, great comms and service to his word, and a genuinely nice bloke. I will happily recommend his services to anyone that cares to ask.

I'm sure most folk on here have seen Marks knives before, this is the first time I've actually had one in my hand yet alone own it !! and what a knife this is, the Instructor has white corrian scales with brass detail at both ends, it's a pleasure to hold and the contours and finish make for hot spot free useage. Must'nt forget the sheath, Mark supplies his knives with a hand made leather sheath, either standard or dangler, i opted for the dangler and it came with two press studs on the belt loop so that it can be put on and taken off the belt with out your trousers falling down !...Nice touch Mark :) The blade comes super sharp with lovely even lines and a beautiful grind, I think the way that the edge comes close to the handle is spot on !.

At this point, I have to freely admit ( to my shame ) I haven't been out and about in the woods for ages so my use in anger is a little limited at the moment, I've cut lot's of paper ( yes it's sharp ) cut up sticks and wood from the garage to light a fire in the BBQ ( yes, it's very sharp ) done some minor food prep ( Actually carved a chicken last week but SWMBO drew the line at me taking photo's of it ! ) and generally played about :)

Today I did a bunk from work and grabbed a few hours fly fishing at my favorite lake....happy days :) I took the Instuctor with me just for a play, started of with sandwich prep that worked a treat :) at the lake, all i did was "sythe" down some bank side vegitation so i could get closer to the water and whittled some sticks just because i could :) All the lads in the club house were dead impressed and I had to turn down a couple of offers !

Sandwich prep :)

breakky.jpg

The Instructor playing to the camera :)

hbk1.jpg

hbk2.jpg

hbk3.jpg

and a lovely sight of "fish on "

hbk4.jpg

To end this mini review, I'd like to say thank you to Mark, it really is a gorgeous knife, it looks the part and does exactly what it says on the tin ! :)

Last edited:
Nice review.

And as a fly fisherman myself - loved the pics!

Nowt better IMO than watching the take of a dry fly (although I'll throw the occasional nymph underneath if they're not rising).

I'm off to the Jura mountains in France tomorrow, for a weeks camping and fishing on the the river Ain - crystal clear trout heaven!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I posted up the set i usually take with me, a B & T for fish prep and a bushy type in a piggy back sheath set up and got all sorts of comments from Rambo with a small willy to Illegal hooligan and everything inbetween :)

102_0317.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE