Highlander Hawk Bivvy bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
So I'm looking for a waterproof Bivvy bag with a mosi net, and I've come across the Highlander Hawk Bivvy bag, seems to tick all the boxes, just wondered if anybody uses one?
Are they good?
Thanks
Con

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Looks like it's just a plastic bag waiting to be filled by condensation. If you can't afford better, i'd say, go for it, but if you can spend a bit more, i'd look into the goretex bivy, or an e-vent bivy. I have a goretex British military one, and it does fine, but i do experience a bit of condensation in it in just cool weather. Am looking to get a e-vent one, when i have the funds and can get to the store to get it, because it breathes better, packs smaller and is lighter.

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
I don't really don't want to spend too much, it has got good reviews and it has a net, which is a big plus for me,and its in my price range, I know the British military ones are good but no net

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Well, you get what you pay for. I have used a similar bag, and had terrible condensation inside. When i bought the goretex one, that became a lot better, but still want something a bit lighter and more breathable while being waterproof. That costs more though :).

Like i said: it works, but it works both ways without a membrane :p

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
Well, you get what you pay for. I have used a similar bag, and had terrible condensation inside. When i bought the goretex one, that became a lot better, but still want something a bit lighter and more breathable while being waterproof. That costs more though :).

Like i said: it works, but it works both ways without a membrane :p

Thanks for the info IC_Rafe, I have been looking at the Dutch army bivi as well, that's a goretex one, I've seen one for £80, it has a hooped net, seems to be the average price they go for

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE