High as a kite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi guys,
Feeling really VERY good at the moment, don't want to brag just wanted to tell you guys......
just won a battle of the bands competition at school (Uppingham- Home of members of Mcfly, Busted, Fightstar and Elliot minor....these are just the modern bands!) The competition was judged by:

Peter Powell - (an old Uppinghamian-needs very little introducing i'm sure!)

Phil McCaughan - (producer and manager for Sony records)

Charlie Simpson - (ex lead singer of Busted and lead singer of Fightstar)

had an amazing time playing in front of the hole school (500+) with a huge stack amp (literally blew my ears off!)

Our prize is to get our songs proffesionally recorded and produced and made into CD's in a recording studio in sheps Bush!

Again sorry for the brag, so happy!!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Well done
The music thing is particularrly harsh
but those bands are crap and I mean really crap tbh
what do you play?
I am well aware of age difference
I like Ramones and you like Busted
bet I win the poll though !!!

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
get yourself into a decent studio but beware it costs a bomb!
takes longer then you think to lay tracks too, but once done you should be able to hit the clubs playing ;) get some more people backing you.
also get a myspace/facebook page setup for the band its amazing how many people you'll claim as followers :)

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Well done
The music thing is particularrly harsh
but those bands are crap and I mean really crap tbh
what do you play?
I am well aware of age difference
I like Ramones and you like Busted
bet I win the poll though !!!

Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah ....Woah ......Don't really like any of those bands I mentioned, just trying to get across who those people were!! I'm with you mate I love the Ramones, Hendrix, Clapton, Guns n' roses, ray charles, Booker T and the MG's and loads of other classics!! I'm a lead guitarist!

Wel done - hope it's the start of something big.

I'd have to recommend you book yourselves into a small studio for a morning session before the big day - if you've not recorded before the first time is a bit awe-inspiring and you can spend half the day trying to get yout head straight.

At my first recording session we were all so hyped up we played everything at 10,000 miles an hour and the drummers arms nearly fell off. The producer sent us to the pub for a few hours then it was business as usual. :cool: ;)

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well done! Absolutely awesome mate.
I have played in a band for years before it went a bit Pete Tong. Great buzz just wait till you play the London Marquee two days after Paul Mcartney (one of my only claims to fame!) a great pa and backline makes for a great gig.
Keep it up Dave
Oh my only tips for studios would be;
New strings on all guitars but bed the bass string in well before( a couple of rehearsals b4)
Practice loads I mean loads so you are playing it in your sleep.
Think about the arrangement a bit more of the song(s) ie does the drummer really need to thrash away at cymbals when they sound great live could sound messy on tape
Choose the songs carefully. It is also alot better to concentrate on 1 to 3 good songs than 6 that you rush to mix.
Just my thoughts enjoy.
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE