Hi I'm Survival Bill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi I am Survival Bill and I am a Survival Junkie!

cool info here people keep it up!

:welcome: for those wanting to use pine for starting fires with a fire bow Don't bother! you will just die tired!

I sure hope you all survive when the **** in the UK like whats the population now my worry would be how long till you all have chowed down on all the wildlife and greenery whats the plan after that?

survivalbanner1.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Bill.

I don’t think that you need to be worried about the food situation over here, the population isn’t so big it’s an issue and there’s plenty of space left yet for us to harvest more greens. If it comes to the crunch we’ll come and eat up Canada, you’ve got a few pine needles

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Survival Bill said:
I sure hope you all survive when the **** in the UK like whats the population now my worry would be how long till you all have chowed down on all the wildlife and greenery whats the plan after that?

We're all moving to Canada at that point. Get a brew on...

And welcome to BCUK Bill. Hope you enjoy.
:)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A warm welcome to you. Hope you enjoy the site :)

And a quick tip for you all out there ;)
for those wanting to use pine for starting fires with a fire bow Don't bother! you will just die tired!
Its all a matter of wood selection. Pine can be a problem because of the resin..... it heats and glazes over taking away the friction. I say 'can be' a problem.... depending on when you harvest it. In the spring/summer months the sap is fully rising so any wood collected in these seasons will be very resinous. Try harvesting in winter when more of the sap is in the roots..... less resin in the wood and alot easier for the fire bow.... though still not the easiest, it does work ;)

Enjoy the forums :D

Ed

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Tony said:
Hi Bill.

I don’t think that you need to be worried about the food situation over here, the population isn’t so big it’s an issue and there’s plenty of space left yet for us to harvest more greens.

I think you might be in for a surprise there Tone, we don't have enough farm land to feed the 60 million plus we have using even modern farm methods. Estimates are capacity for 40 million mouths.
Obviously the demand and capacity would be impacted by the kind of poo hitting the fan!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Lurch said:
I think you might be in for a surprise there Tone, we don't have enough farm land to feed the 60 million plus we have using even modern farm methods. Estimates are capacity for 40 million mouths.
Obviously the demand and capacity would be impacted by the kind of poo hitting the fan!

I know, just me being a bit :argue: :naughty:

I truly have to say this is one of the warmest welcomes I have ever received anywhere thanks all! :You_Rock_

How much food are you importing into the UK now to feed the masses?
if not were will you get enough fertilizer for the fields. I don't know if you have what they call GM crops here were the seed is sterile, were will you then get the seed I see that being a major no no.. but it all comes down to profit my take on this how much is enough once the corporations own the world what do they do then?

so here is a question for you to ponder and respond to what cultures/places are people living a primitive enough lifestyle now so that they will hardly know that TSHTF

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Welcome Bill, good to see ya here.

I don't live in UK, but figure that most, like here in the states, would wait for the authorities to bring on the grub and water. The folks here are talented enough to do it themselves and the competition wouldn't be so bad as in the large population areas. Besides, after watching a show about hogzilla, a huge wild bore in the southeastern US, seems the UK is developing a rather large population of them and they are getting bold, aggressive and are doing what hogs do best. Dig up the landscape and eat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE