Hi, I'm looking for a bushcraft group in east sussex.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hawkmaster

Jul 16, 2010
bexhill on sea. east sussex
Hi, I;m looking for a bushcraft group in East Sussex, to join, I am very new to bushcraft and I have booked a weekend course with wilderness crafts in early July but I would like to meet up with other like minded people to hopefully share there skills etc and make some new freinds.

No body I know is interested in bushcraft, so at present all my conversations are very one sided and uninspiring to say the least(our dogs do there best to look interested) it is also hard to go forward with my new hobby alone (nobody to make mistakes with and have a laugh) I have been collecting kit for about 2 yrs i.e Falcaknivenn F1 knife ( bought a fantastic sheath for it at the wilderness gathering last year), DD tarp , Gransfers small forest axe, lots of other kit I'm itching to use.But nobody to go out to play with.

I am 38yrs old,I have a fantastic wife and son he's 8 yrs, I work for the ambulance service so unfortunatley I don't get every weekend off .

Well thanks for reading my post, and I hope to hear from someone soon. :cool:http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/im...bushcraftuk.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.png

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Absolutely - just started out myself - and met up with this lot a couple of weeks back. Nice guys. Comparatively normal .....

hawkmaster

Jul 16, 2010
bexhill on sea. east sussex
Hi Settler, thank you for the info, I would be very interested in joining the group, do you all meet regulary or is just for the occasional camping weekend ? do you know if any more camps are planned after the one in early june, I would love to go but I think work will get in the way is ( 9,10 and 11th of june). I look forward to hearing from you.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Hi Hawkmaster

As the others before me have pointed out, there is a group that meets monthly - we've been doing so since March and have now been arranging dates for the remainder of the year. More info can be found on the Group page HERE.

You are very welcome to join us for our June meet if you are free - there's no obligation to stay the weekend, if you'd just rather pop in. There's a real mix of bushcraft newbies and oldtimers (Pinky and I have only been doing this since January!) and we practice a wide range of skills. If there is anything you'd particularly like to have a go at, let us know and we'll see what we can sort out!

Nova

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE