Hi, from way out west.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

browndrake

Feb 4, 2006
Arizona, USA
Well, I guess that I better introduce myself, as I've started posting here and there.

Hi, I am from Arizona. Currently I am at school in Texas (for the next 18 months).

I am from pioneer stock..my family settled Utah in 1850 then Arizona in 1873. I grew up in the hills and they are just a part of my life. Dad had me working a bow drill when I was 8, but I wasn't proficient for a couple more years.

I grew up hunting, fishing, camping, doing about anything you can in the mountains and deserts of the western United States. Life has transplanted me to the cities for the last few years, and I am getting homesick.

I love to knap arrow points, knives, etc. and was looking at others' work online Friday. They had a piece on fire pistons there. They were new to me, and I was instantly fascinated. Google "fire piston" --> Here I am.

I can hardly wait until I move home and can take my kids out to the hills more. Here, I feel lucky to take them to the woods a bit or out the fish one of the lakes. To do anything takes planning and effort.

I guess I was just spoiled before: walk out Dad's front door and you can go due east for 75 miles before coming to another's home. Nearest to the west is 20 miles. (there are two small towns north and south, however, about 3.5 miles each direction.)

Glad to find your site. Now, I can embark on many facinating adventures (vicariously) while I am here at school. Looking forward to learning much from you all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE