Hi from Swansea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beasty

Dec 28, 2010
Swansea
Hi, I'm a 21 year old student in Swansea uni.
I have been making knives for about 2 or 3 years now. I mostly make bushcraft knives but haven't used them for anything more than a bit of light carving around the house but now (when it gets a bit warmer!) i want to get out there and use them for what they are designed for while learning a new set of skills.
Unfortunately my experience only consists of walking the dog in the woods and camping in campsites but its a start i guess!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hi Beasty,Welcome aboard.I'm in Swansea too.I get out most weekends,if you fancy a day in the trees give me a call.

beasty

Dec 28, 2010
Swansea
Thanks for the welcome guys and its nice there are a few from Swansea hear.
unfortunately its exam time for the next 4 weeks so I'm only going to be doing some research until they end but it would be great to get out after that sapper1.

beasty

Dec 28, 2010
Swansea
Thanks guys.
Hear are a few pics of my latest, they are 4mm 01 steel. the bevels are done by eye and hand so a little rough but they are all shaving sharp. im working on a few atm with much better grinds after some modifications to a belt and disc sander.

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

This one has a mahogany handle.
IMG_6609.jpg

The handle on this one is walnut.

IMG_6616.jpg

(the red on the tip is just reflected dirt on the wood)

IMG_6637.jpg

2 small ones from some damascus cut off from a current wip set in a .22 and .38 special case, the bigger case is a .50 cal for a future project with a medium folder for size comparison (SanRenMu 710).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE