Hi from Newbie

J

Jodfrey

No it hasn't changed, there has been more thought and emphasis on a 72hr pack, as this will get you through short term emergency's. I guess there is some thinking, that if you have a 72hr pack, then you can think about extending this to 3 months of provisions, and ultimately a years worth, as this has been something we mormons have been told about for as long as I can remember.

Makes sense really:
72 hour pack for those short term emergencies that are likely to displace you.
3 months worth of provisions, can be used when money is tight - such as redundancy and gives you a bit of breathing space, to try and get you back on your feet.
1 years worth is something to aspire to and although it seems a huge undertaking, if you are able to get the three month supply, you just extend your weekly/monthly shop slightly and get long life products such as rice and pasta.

All of which are supposed to be rotated in daily use, not stock piled for dire emergency.

Just wish I had room to store this, and money to buy it all - hence the 72 hour pack as cheap as i can!!!

J

Jodfrey

Not long checked amazon.com, and apparently i can get the Charge TTi, shipped, duties paid for a little under £90. This might not be a huge saving (depending on where you shop for it), but its still about £20-30 cheaper than most UK stores. Just hope it does come in at that price!!!

Cheers Slasha

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Being realistic if you go for the cheaper leatherman you could put the spare money towards other kit. A good reliable torch is worth looking at.

Oh and welcome to the forum

If you want something to carry everyday look for a SAK at least your legal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE