Hi from Llangollen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Ash and also embers will fall out of the door onto the ground / onto the baking sheet. If it's cold you can easily take it and bring it out.

At a usual oven you just put it tight to the body but I thing you need to cut a slit in yours for the leg and bend the edges up.

I even would put a small metal stripe with down bended edges over the slit behind the leg.

I recommend to avoid brushing ash around, because that makes everything in the room dirty.

Reactions: Sunrise_Wilo_Chilo

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi, I haven’t been up that way in a long time, we had a narrow boat hols when it was good and cheap ago and crossed the aqueduct. I must have been about 10, so over 40 years ago! That was an awesome way to start a holiday. Can’t remember the name of the boatyard now, but my mum taught me it wasn’t ’langollen’ but ‘khallang-goth-len’.

How long have you been living in the bell tent? It’s looking remarkably clean and tidy…well, at the moment, but you’re in Wales. :lmao: A week away at The Lakes in an Oztent and I reckon a big awning that can be tucked down out front is essential for anywhere wet or longer than a few days. Just for boots and the transition from mud and wet to clean and dry. We use a DD 3x3 tarp and a couple of collapsible poles, if we used the tent more I’d get a full on canvas job for it, but the DD dries easily unlike the canvas.

Ours, in the avatar pic, was our lockdown garden retreat last year, and it worked really well if we just wanted a night not stuck indoors like so many people were. Lovely tents, I’d not have anything else.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE