Hi from leicestershire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

farmershort

Feb 16, 2010
leicestershire
Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, so decided to join... Seems like an amazing resource! Only wish I'd found it sooner!

Well, I'll try and introduce myself by listing what I do/did/want to do... hopefully that'll give you an idea.

I work in IT as a day job. got into farming after I left uni. farmed sheep from 2004 to 2008/09, and had 100 ewes at the peak. Gave it all up to move jobs/location... :(

Now I've moved back to leicestershire. SWMBO and I fatten pigs in our neighbours back garden which we rent from them.

Got a 12 bore... It was originally for keeping the foxes from the lambs, more and more I used it to hunt game. I can't get over the feeling of not enjoying having 10 smalls balls of lead in everything I eat though.

I have a vague plan to get a .22 rifle (centre fire), but in a moment of impulse, I've just ordered a hunter catapult to see if that will fit the bill a little easier.

We make our own wines, brew beer with our next door neighbours, and plan to move to a small holding or small farm with our neighbours in the next 5 years.

I'd love to be able to either produce or procure all of my own meat, but they don't make it easy for us in the UK. If I can get good with this hunter and back a few things a week, then combined with the pigs, It should be possible.

my big longer term ambition is to be able to bag a few deer a year. Not sure how this is possible without a .308, and even with a .308 it seems very difficult and/or expensive.

the best things in life are free. :) sometimes you need to buy something to kill them with though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE