Hi from Hastur

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Hi All,

My name is Dan from the North West of England. I'm in my (late) 30's and have a son.

I kind of found prepping/survivalism/bushcraft, as in the forums etc ..., about a year or so ago. However I am ex-forces (front line) and have always been an outdoors type of person. For many years I have led Scouts, Duke Of Edinburgh, etc ... expeditions and have plenty of outdoor skills. I'm happy living under a tarp for weeks at a time with only the stuff on my back and that I can hunt/gather.

My 7 year plan (which I am about 2 years into) is to get a small farm/land in the UK, I am aiming for a mix of woodland, crops, some livestock, fishing lake etc ... and to be self-sufficient with power and water as soon as possible.

At the moment I work in an office, IT/Management/Project Management, basically a problem solver and while I enjoy the job I don't get a sense of satisfaction at the end of the working day. It pays the bills but it's really not me hence the plan.

I am pretty active on several other UK and International forums all under the same name of Hastur so some of you will know me :).

I am looking to share knowledge and learn new things here. I also think building real life friendships are key to learning skills and having a mutual support network of friends you trust and who trust you is the most important skill/prep you can develop. Through other forums we are starting to get a regular group together, At the moment it covers most of the north of England up to the Scottish Borders. The plan is to do a weekend of wild camping every month or two and share skills such as foraging, hunting, camp craft and in the evening have a communal fire, a few beers and discuss kit, concepts, concerns and put the world to rights. Who said bushcraft had to be all effort and serious? :)

I think that cover's everything for my introduction.

Cheers,

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lo Hastur - fancy meeting you here!

We just may hae worked together at some point if you ever do work in FMCG....small world!

Welcome aboard

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE