Hi from France

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nicolas2b

Jun 13, 2011
Paris, France
Hi everybody,

I'm from France (currently live in Paris).
I'm interesting in all things related to bushcraft, to use them in hiking and - next year I hope - my career in french military.

--- Nicolas

garethw

Settler
Salut Nicolas,
Welcome to the forum.
Where in Paris do you live? I lived there for 17 years, but am now in the east just north of Reims, where I run a fishing holiday business. Lots of time for camping in a hammock and fishing.
cheers
Gareth

Last edited:

nicolas2b

Jun 13, 2011
Paris, France
Salut !....................bienvenue sur ce forum......L'armée eh ? ...j'espère que ta décision est bien réflèchie
Yes it is ! It's a childhood dream (and also family tradition)

Hello Nico.
Don't forget to check out the excellent David Manise French Forum in case you don't already know it:
http://www.davidmanise.com/forum/index.php

And good luck for the army.
I know the forum, one of my regular reading. Thanks for the encouragement (I need it, sport is not my area of expertise ...)

Welcome! Your English is good. :)
Thanks, I try to do my best. (Regular work to improve it : watching TV, reading books in english and I spent 4 month in the US - San Francisco - with my school, it helps a lot ;-) wonderful experience by the way)

Salut Nicolas,
Welcome to the forum.
Where in Paris do you live? I lived there for 17 years, but am now in the east just north of Reims, where I run a fishing holiday business. Lots of time for camping in a hammock and fishing.
cheers
Gareth
I live in the south (15e arrondissement).
Yes, France offers lot of place to hikking, camping, fishing ...
Looking forward to my summer holidays :)

garethw

Settler
I live in the south (15e arrondissement).
Yes, France offers lot of place to hikking, camping, fishing ...
Looking forward to my summer holidays :)

Ok I know it well... I started off in the 13e 'La Butte aux Cailles' then moved to Levallois... but worked in the 2e. As a photographer/cameraman I did some freelancing in Paris last year.
I often used to go out to Rambouillet and the vallée de la Chevreuse for hiking. On occasions bivouac'd out too. More nature and forests here 'I'm by the 'Chemin des Dames', but I loved my time in Paris.
Bonne chance à l'armée... dans quelle branche?

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE