Hi All

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston

Jan 11, 2010
East Lancashire
After lurking for quite a while now, have decided that now is the time to introduce myself. I haven't done much bushcrafting unless you count with Scouts (I am an assistant leader - 13 years) and an overnight as a guest with my son at a meet at Middlewood (Middlemud) on Halloween last year, which we both really enjoyed, although the weather wasn't the best! Was hoping to go to the Brass Monkeys weekend but the gremlins have scuppered that one for me (recuperating from an operation). So all I can do at the moment is continue to glean even more advice and information from this brilliant site.

p.s. I bought myself a hammock last May and have managed to use it on all camping trips so far with Scouts, its the future!

JamieG

Jan 3, 2010
North Somerset
Hi,
Hello and welcome.
I agree hammocking is the way forward. Have you tried getting your Scouts into hammocks. I did with mine last October in DD hammocks Scout edition.

Clouston

Jan 11, 2010
East Lancashire
Thanks for the welcome guys (and SimonM).

JamieG - Would love to get the Scouts trying hammocking, which I'm sure SimonM would agree with me, only snag in the ointment at the moment is funds, but hopefully it's something not impossible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE