Hi all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you, I'm Scoops (named so coz of my ability to kick a football over the bar from just a couple of inches out :?: )

Anyway, I've been interested in bushcraft since I got a copy of Brian Hildreth's How to Survive book when I was a nipper (about 25 years ago!). I've always been a keen walker/hiker/backpacker/camper but pure Bushcraft has mainly been an intellectual interest and I've not really pursued things a great deal practically until more recently.

High point of my bushcraft career so far was attending the Woodlore arctic course taught by Ray Mears and Lars Fjalt which was a fantastic experience.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys :wave:

Scoops_uk

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Welcome to bcUK Scoops! I look forward to seeing you around the virtual fire!
:chill:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Glad you could join us mate, the guys and girls on here are great so I'[m sure you'll fit right in :biggthump You've started the best way by just getting stuck in, keep it up :wink:

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Squidders said:
Only -20 is a little dissapointing though :wink:

To be honest it was a little, it's a mixed blessing. -20 isn't overly life threatening so you can make a few mistakes and be OK, -30 and below starts getting much more serious and the cold makes thinking straight harder so mistakes are more likely and more costly. I guess -20+ was ideal for learning but a shame on the experience side.

Apparently we did get a brief spell (about 30 mins) of -40 one night when the atmosphere did something silly, but I was asleep in my snowhole and missed it.

Was pretty cool drifting off to sleep in the snow hole watching the northern lights kick off overhead :) (Pun unintended :eek:): )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE