Hi All

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
Hi All,

Having spent some happy hours reading your earlier posts I decided I'd really like to join in.

Sharing bushcraft experiences and knowledge seems to me to be a fundamentally good thing to do. So I hope I can learn from this and maybe share a little too.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy a Dutch Army Goretex liner? and is it worth wearing it inside an M65?

Thanks,

:wave:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Zen and a huge welcome to bcuk, it's good to have you. I'm sure that you'll soon have an answer to your question, people don't wake up till late on a Saturday!
:biggthump

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Hi there Zen, Brit/Army GTX jackets and trousers are quite cheap from army surplus, i found trousers n a jacket for 60 quid and they were almost new, only wear it in real bad weather though,any way welcome and have fun :wave: :chill:

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Welcome Zen

Glad to have you here. Ask any question.........someone will know the answer :shock:

Best wishes.

Jack

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone,

I look foward to many interesting discussions........

:You_Rock_

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
Thanks Leon,

That's the sort of thing I wanted. They don't have my size right now but I'll keep looking.

Although it's just the liner I wanted, for only £50 I can always buy the whole jacket and sell the outer cheap on ebay.

Cheers,
Zen. :)

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
zen said:
Also, does anyone know where I can buy a Dutch Army Goretex liner? and is it worth wearing it inside an M65?
Sorry, missed this earlier! I bought a smock liner from Special Air Sea Services here

It's a brand-new liner which they have modified by adding buttons down the front to close it

Great bit of kit, I wear it under my Flecktarn parka and it keeps me dry and toasty warm - in fact, too toasty warm for most days...

Hope this helps, and welcome!

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
boaty said:
Sorry, missed this earlier! I bought a smock liner from Special Air Sea Services here

It's a brand-new liner which they have modified by adding buttons down the front to close it

Great bit of kit, I wear it under my Flecktarn parka and it keeps me dry and toasty warm - in fact, too toasty warm for most days...

Hope this helps, and welcome!

Thanks Boaty,

That's exactly what I wanted. Guess I should have waited a bit before buying a whole parka from another site, but it looks like it will be worth buying this liner as well and then selling the parka I ordered yesterday.

Thanks again,

Zen

:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE