hi all

Jun 25, 2007
scotland
came onto this forum for a browse and ended up buying a machette of tengu now :p l live up in scotland not that far out from glasgow in a town called airdrie, been into knifes and swords bigtime for a while and thats what got me started on bushcraft. I love making things out of wood (and l love fire :p but not in a burn random things way) so bushcraft was just really appealing to me, hope to be posting here for a while and to make a good contribution :D

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Well if you like making things your going to love it here:)
You'll be making sheaths, axe masks, leather cups, spoons (the list could go on). the people here are great and i'm sure you'll love it.
Welcome aboard.

Scottish bushcrafter eh. . .has anyone mentioned that you may need a midge net :lmao:

Kev

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Welcome aboard! You're not alone with your love for fire! I too love to stare into the flames of a campfire. Also with the help of this forum I have just finished making my first knife, I've never done anything like that before. Im sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A warm welcome, from another fire nut (who likes to find new ways to rub things together to make it).

Jun 25, 2007
scotland
heh well im plannin on making a spoon soon enough cos im orderin a crook knife on friday (l get paid then :D) and im gonna get the mora knife from this site (both in carbon and stainless, the stainless one is for a friend whos just learning how to whittle random pieces of wood for now to get a feel for it and im keeping the carbon one as the only half decent carbonknife l have is an opinel)
as for the midge net l either wear bug spray thats got veet in it or have a fire going!
im going to be making a try on my first knife soon too as me and a friend are building a small forge, but as with most starters my main problem is an anvil.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
bug spray thats got veet in it

I think you mean deet, veet is that stuff women use to get rid of hair isn't it?!! As for the fire thing, that's all blokes. I think it has something to do with ancient man discovering the magic of fire and it has captured the imagination ever since. You'll find that there aren't many women that are entranced by fire like men are. Maybe something to do with why dogs are mans best friend too. It was a mutual thing when it came to hunting, we helped each other out and heightened the chances of a succesful hunt and a bond was formed. It's been bred into us, we like dogs and fires!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE