Hey Tombear....look what I tracked down!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
13196310643_e43958373b_z.jpg

Made me a very happy man indeed!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahhh no - it was a vital bit of kit in use in the UK from 1907 until 1996 - although I believe they are still in use in Canada until next year :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well spotted than man - specifically for adjusting the windage on a Lee Enfield rifle. A while ago I sourced a complete set of foresight blades for Lee Enfields - so you can adjust the elevation. With the addition of this tool its possible to get a near perfect iron sight zero by changing out the foresight for higher / lower elements (adjusting the elevation) and then drifting (moving left to right) that element to correct "windage" (lateral movement).

I love the fact that Graham recognised it :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
1996 (or thereabouts) because the L42 sniper variant of the Lee Enfield in the 7.62x51mm (7.62 Nato) stayed in service until around then (both military and police)

"Next Year" because the Canadian Arctic Reserve are phasing out the Enfield - but it is still currently issued :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
That's cool! Is it new made or a minty issue one? Not having a live gun I swapped most of the armourers bits I picked up with a mate in NZ who's a gunsmith, for some neat Kiwi kit like the 22 pint volcano stove and a issue Swanni'

heres something similar, the No.5 for the Sterlings foresight

image_zpsd62444e0.jpg

And while looking for that I found in a scrunched up paper bag like you get loose sweets in, one of these.

image_zps1998e600.jpg

I do have quite a few big steel armourers cleaning rods, you know the different ones for using with copper wire or jute with .303 as I was buying sets just to get the wire brushes with them they were so cheap at the time. Oh and gauges, I'm a sucker for shiny new gauges, I've a little tub of them somewhere.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Poking about the draws there's loads of new pull throughs and packs of gauzes, 2 or 3 new action covers, slings, plastic, brass and steel oilers bore and chamber brushes and a minty new loooong screwdriver from Oz a mate sent me for removing the bolt that holds the butt on a SMLE. Strange what you pick up.

atb

Tom

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
First refusal if you ever choose to divest any late model Lee Enfield bits? I have a pretty good collection, but theres a few bits there I lack ....and they aren't making them any more!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE