Hexi in Aircraft Hold Baggage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
A quick query - is it allowed to have hexamine in your hold luggage on board an aircraft? (I'm travelling with Easyjet.) I've carried matches and lighters in my hold pack before with no problems...

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I do know that on a flight out of Vietnam last year they confiscated my 48 blocks of solid alcohol fuel for the stove I bought there! Fire hazard, they said, and as they had guns I didn't argue too much, especially after I got taken into a small concrete room to continue the discussion....

Maybe, in retrospect, I was being a bit optimistic trying for the 48 blocks.....

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
There's an army surplus store just North of Gatwick (in Salfords) that probably sells it. Actually, there's one in Crawley on the High Street that would be easier to reach with public transport

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
There's an army surplus store just North of Gatwick (in Salfords) that probably sells it. Actually, there's one in Crawley on the High Street that would be easier to reach with public transport

Think the one on Crawley High Street has closed now. There is a Blacks in Crawley town centre and a Trespass in the Shopping Centre if you were after gas and a B&Q on the approach to Crawley that sells camping meths. Not 100% sure, but I think Pound World in Crawley sells gas canisters, but don't ask me how much.

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
Having gone by RAF Air recently and had the Civil Aviation Authority brief I can say that Hexi is not allowed, as a previous poster said the best advice is to either buy on arrival or take a gas burner and buy refills on the ground. peak stoves are really not liked either or empty petrol bottles for MSR etc.

gbjim03m

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2006
Nevada, for a while
Having gone by RAF Air recently and had the Civil Aviation Authority brief I can say that Hexi is not allowed, as a previous poster said the best advice is to either buy on arrival or take a gas burner and buy refills on the ground. peak stoves are really not liked either or empty petrol bottles for MSR etc.

Oh the joys of RAF air!! always consistent, thats all i say !:cussing:

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
I will be up on the Ridgeway tomorrow, the 12th, around Wantage, May I bring some fuel for you if that is when you are there?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE