Herts/North London Meet (Pics Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well the first Herts/North London Meet ( and I hope not the last) took place this weekend and we had 9 people attending. Sadly we had several people drop out at the last minute for various reasons. All I can say to these folks is I'm sorry you weren't able to attend and you missed a great weekend. There were some people who attended their first meet and I hope they enjoyed the whole experience.

The weather was gorgeous, everyone enjoyed the wood, the time round the campfire was very convivial with lots of laughter and general good banter. People were able to enjoy a nice countryside walk around the valley and I'm told several nice sized trouts were spotted in the river that edges the farm..... fish for dinner next time? :rolleyes: There were a lot of fungi in the woods which left us wishing we had an expert with us to tell us what were and weren't edible but one we did tentavily identifed was shaggy parasol but no one wanted to risk it :)

I'd like to say thank you to everyone coming for making it a great time, Stewart foir a superb rabbit stew on the Friday night and Chris for coming down on the Sunday morning to give a knife sharpening demo.

Here's a few pictures from the weekend

Sunset on the Saturday night
sunseta.jpg

Looking down towards the main campfire
camp1a.jpg

Looking across from my bivi to Nicks hammock and tarp
camp2a.jpg

The main campfire area
camp3a.jpg

Jason and Davids campsite
camp4a.jpg

Shaggy parasol?
shaggyparasol1a.jpg

shaggyparasol2a.jpg

Chris demonstrating knife sharpening
sharpening1a.jpg

Emma and Michael trying their hand at sharpening for the first time
sharpening2a-1.jpg

That's it folks. I did take more but those pics were too blurred.

Everyone who attended wanted another one so I'll be looking at dates and hopefully we can get one in before Christmas and I'll post a seperate thread once I have some firm dates sorted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE