Hennessy hammock survivor or other models with super shelter, group buy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello, is it possable for an experienced member to group buy some hennessy hammocks and super shelters?

I would like to purchase the hennessy survivor camo woodland asym gsa compliant with super shelter #4, just trying to keep the cost down.

I for one would like one and would pay in advance. Just seeing if there would be any interest on this or any other kit.

If not perhaps i could give it a go, if someone can give me some tips into the procedure of group buying.

Perhaps somone could help with info and tips on getting a good deal.

Thanks a lot,

Alex.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You'd need to contact the suppliers and see how much you can get each unit for and whether there is a discount for multiple buys ? Then work out the customs and p&p charges from the US, then get a price for sending them to the members once they've landed over here.
You should end up with a price with which you can guarantee each hammock to be delivered to the members who participate, post that price up on your GB thread and then see how much interest it generates. Presumably you'll need a minimum number to make the GB happen.

Taking payments yourself and arranging the postage etc can be a headache when folk start dropping out/blanking your PMs/or just generally giving back word.

Whether you decide to make the bulk purchase yourself and then recover costs from the members is up to you, personally I'd get payment in first before you make the order with HH.

Thanks rich,

Yeah i would prefer for someone else who is experienced to get a group buy going and i would pay in advance. But it is a lot to ask, just thought i would flag it up to see if there was anybody intrested in getting some hennessy kit sent over. Perhaps we will leave it up for a while and see what interest it gets.

Thanks, Alex.

Hi treckingnut, Great videos by the way.

Is that 60 us dollars? Also is that per each unit or for the whole delivery? any info would be great. Thanks

Last edited:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Hi treckingnut, Great videos by the way.

Is that 60 us dollars. Also is that for the whole delivery or per unit in the delivery? Any info would be great. Thanks.

glad you liked the video, it is 60usd.

example, from hennessy's amazing customer service lady ann from a recent discussion i had with her:

When we import goods into the EU, we pay shipping, duty and tax. We then pay for forward shipping from a London warehouse to the destination. This total is
> more than $60 US per item. This is a flat fee we charge whether people buy one item, two or six. So if you bought both the supershelter # 2 and the silnylon hex fly
> from our website, you would pay a a total of $60 for shipping, duty and tax for both items.

glad you liked the video, it is 60usd.

example, from hennessy's amazing customer service lady ann from a recent discussion i had with her:

When we import goods into the EU, we pay shipping, duty and tax. We then pay for forward shipping from a London warehouse to the destination. This total is
> more than $60 US per item. This is a flat fee we charge whether people buy one item, two or six. So if you bought both the supershelter # 2 and the silnylon hex fly
> from our website, you would pay a a total of $60 for shipping, duty and tax for both items.

have to say there Customer service is great and very helpfull on the phone etc yes your right it is $60 flat rate should have known as i did get teh new Jungle hammock from them earlier in the year

they didnt hav a part in UK stock for me for that shipment but did say they would wave teh $60 fee if i reminded them when i ordered when back in stock etc

ATB

Duncan

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
have to say there Customer service is great and very helpfull on the phone etc yes your right it is $60 flat rate should have known as i did get teh new Jungle hammock from them earlier in the year

they didnt hav a part in UK stock for me for that shipment but did say they would wave teh $60 fee if i reminded them when i ordered when back in stock etc

ATB

Duncan

haha do you want to do the group buy then as you get free postage!!! what didnt they have out of interest?

haha do you want to do the group buy then as you get free postage!!! what didnt they have out of interest?

well the new jungle hammock has a double layer base so you dont need a supershelter to clip on and stuff stuff in but i wanted a top cover as well which want designed to fit but could be Modded to as the Jungle hammock is zip Mossi ned side entry so no rebirth every morning ;) also made in their ultra light materials so a shoelace as a main rope suppsed to be rated at 1600lbs etc

ATB

Duncan

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
oh ok. i dislike the side entry personally. too easy for mossies to get in. i am going to have my explorer deluxe sent off and be modded for a side zip though, for practicalities sake.

I want a super shelter and bigger tarp for def. now i have a super fast set up, the last thing i need to do is make it four season and ill be happy as can be!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE