Hennessy Hammock - Original

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
The one jack sells at woodlandorganics is the 'expidition asym' version..... 30% larger rain fly and an asymetrical design...... you sleepon a diagonal so your body is flat... not banana shaped ;-) The expidition is good to about 16 stone.... any heavier then you may wish to consider one of the more heavy duty models like the explorer or the safari delux ;-)

Ed

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
it takes 14 knots to put up the compleate Ecohammock system (hence the DVD)

the hennessy hammock can be set up without any knots (just a figure of 8 wrap at each end)

the hennesy is also MUCH MUCH lighter

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Some cheap on evilbay.
Got a new ,Expedition A-Sym 2.5 delivered to UK for £65.00

RB

Richie

Forager
Feb 3, 2004
North Wales
Another quick question can you separate all the parts, eg can I use the hammock on its own etc

Thanks for the replies its certainly ALOT cheaper that the Eco thats for sure..

Richie

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Richie said:
Another quick question can you separate all the parts, eg can I use the hammock on its own etc

Richie

Yes, you can use the Hennessy hammock separate to the flysheet.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Richie wrote:

Richie

Adi wrote:
Yes, you can use the Hennessy hammock separate to the flysheet.

The mosi net on the other hand is sewn to the hammock so they are not able to be used as seperates.

Ed

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
I would strongly advise against getting the regular hennessey. The fly is much much to small and you WILL get soaked if it rains hard. Ask me how I know :shock:

GATOR

Dec 24, 2003
SW Florida, USA
I don't know the sizes per se, but the "asym" ones supposedly have much larger rain flys (flies?) than the old style ones like in the first link posted in this thread.

Good luck,

Y

yowee

I recently bought a hammock and mosie net from nomad the hammock was a mere £20 it seems well made and was easy to put up (it needs to be for me) and packed away small I got my full length thermarest in it no problem had nice comfy nights just used my normal hootchie, the seperate mosie net at leat gives you a choice it was only about £24 so all very reasonable and given that you still have your normal hootchie it gives you greater variation if the terrain has no trees or the rain is really lashing down, I've known people to get wet under the hennesy in traditional english rain.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
yowee said:
I recently bought a hammock and mosie net from nomad the hammock was a mere £20 it seems well made and was easy to put up (it needs to be for me) and packed away small I got my full length thermarest in it no problem had nice comfy nights just used my normal hootchie, the seperate mosie net at leat gives you a choice it was only about £24 so all very reasonable and given that you still have your normal hootchie it gives you greater variation if the terrain has no trees or the rain is really lashing down, I've known people to get wet under the hennesy in traditional english rain.

<The following is said in pure jest>

here you go yowee: some full stops all of your own!

:-D

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
I dont understand several comments made about the Eco system. I use it and find it to be very very easy. There are 2 (simple) knots that you use and I had no problem with them, i was surpirsed when Rachel explainsed they were bringing out a dvd to explain the knots, as lots had been having problems.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
The thing I don't like about the eco sleep system is the distance between the tarp and the hammock, if there is a breeze and its raining the rain comes into contact with the hammock. This is probably not a problem in jungle but is a concern for UK use.
I have to disagree with others though about the knots, I think they are by far the best feature of this system, once you know what you're doing with them they are incredibly quick and easy. They're just variations on the knots used to put up the Basha/Hoochie, so shouldn't be all that strange to most of you. The system Ray uses to put up and take down the whole set up, is brilliant, very well thought out and makes a lot of sense.

I use a tai hammock from nomad medical with the same knots as on the eco system. The tai hammock is best pitched almost flat, so can be tucked close under the cover of your basha. Also the whole system can be pitched quite low to the ground, which has obvious benefits if you're trying to keep a low profile. (Does the hennesy come in camouflage colours?).

The stainless steel rings are a very good idea too, much better than drip lines alone. I was using karibiners but have since discovered that point north do suitable stainless rings (5mm) and I've switched to them.

I also set up an additional line just beneath the hammock, this gives a handy place to hang your boots up at night. I also hang the dry bag that contained my sleeping bag here to store my clothes over night.

I urge anyone interseted in the system to buy the DVD first and adapt the system to suit you/UK use. Done like this it will be cheaper than an Eco Sleep System and more versatile than a Hennesy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE